Welcome to our website !

Scales of Venus

A blog about everything and nothing

Thriftin' Ain't Easy

By 11:51:00 AM

Unfortunately, my bank account doesn't agree with my 'passion for fashion'. But fortunately for my bank account, and myself, I also love a good bargain. Which has led me to multiple thrift/consignment shops. You know, ballin’ on a budget.

And this in turn has also led me to showcase my finds on my blog…all for the sake of aesthetic.

Bargain hunting is a favorite past time of mine, as are many other things. There’s something about finding a second, third, or fourth article of clothing and breathing *right after washing* new life into it. Making it your own and incorporating it into your own style. Again, all for the sake of aesthetic.

Accompanying me on this post of amateur modeling is one-half of MoonaLuna, Mackenzie Bass. She decided to skip the thrift memo and opt for a more “city-slicker” chic look. I, however, stayed true to the post at hand and decided to dress in my most favorite thrifted finds thus far, aside from my cute lil snake booties from Free People and my panama hat from Urban Outfitters.

All of this resulted into us turning my room into a Terry Richardson-inspired studio and the rest was…“thrift-story”.



Who bargained better? The world may never know.

Until next time,


DH























You Might Also Like

1 comments