Welcome to our website !

Scales of Venus

A blog about everything and nothing

Fest Best

By 9:37:00 AM

Bonnaroo, Governor's Ball, Coachella....Oh my! Festival season is upon us and I couldn't be happier. 2016 lineups are too hot to miss! I was able to experience, firsthand, a true music and arts festival almost four years ago. A friend of mine happened to be selling his Bonnaroo ticket and I happened to have some extra cash and friends who had already planned on going. The situation presented itself and I happily went along. It was an experience I could never forget. In fact, I loved it so much that I went again the following year.

It was my first time attending a music festival. I was overly excited but underprepared. I will be the first to admit that I may have foolishly expected Bonnaroo to be a southern adaptation of Coachella...and I wasn't wrong, but I also wasn't right. To be fair, all festivals are generally same and unique in their own way. 

You see, you could wear your most extravagant festival attire but odds are you'll be soaking wet in your own perspiration by the time you enter Centeroo. Which, to be fair, no matter what you wear odds are that you'll be sweating by the time you get to Centeroo, or even prior. There are many factors that festival goers should be aware of before attending any festival.

Pack light. Stay Hydrated. Keep your valuables in your car (why you would bring valuables to a festival, I don't know). Be prepared for all kinds of weather. Bring a small backpack for you to carry your stuff in. Taking pictures and/or videos are cool, but know when to put the phone down. Be in the present. If there were any occasion to not be a millennial, this would be one. 

But MOST importantly, have fun. Enjoy the music. Make memories.

Because once you go to one festival, you will go again.


Until next time,
DH 

















"If music be the food of love, play on" - William Shakespeare



You Might Also Like

0 comments